Saturday, February 18, 2006
I've been hit by 2 Trojan Horses in the past 24 hours. Norton detected and stopped Back Orifice (hey, I didn't name these!) yesterday, and this morning when I booted up, my settings had all gone haywire. I had downloaded an update to Adobe Reader last thing yesterday, and the Trojan must have come in on that - it's called Downloader. I found I had 4 bit colour (normal is at least 256 bit) and no option to change it! I activated System Restore, which sorted most of the settings out, and then Norton found Downloader and snuffed it. Phew.
Here's Otago 2 (see Otago 1 below, in painted fabric). This one is in hand dyes, and the cutouts feature moa (large extinct flightless birds), the head of a fossilised whale skeleton, and a taniwha (Maori dragon). I really like taniwha, and I'm thinking of making a quilt with a number of different taniwha shapes on it.
I couldn't resist posting this photo of the twins - they just lay like that themselves, honest!