Friday, March 28, 2008

Promises, promises

As promised, here's some other things I've been working on. Here is a "half" piece of painted duoprint which I have done some stitching on - click on the photo for a closer look.
Over Easter, I started this cardigan which I think is lovely. The yarn is 50% Tencel and 50% acrylic - I wouldn't normally ever knit acrylic, but I had heard the Tencel was good to knit with, so I wanted to try it. Plus it was cheap at The Warehouse! It is indeed a lovely smooth yarn - the colour is charcoal (deep grey), not black as it looks in the photo.
And now completed is this brushed wool wrap cardigan - it's a loose-fitting lacy design, and I have adapted my version from a more or less sleeveless summer pattern, by adding extra sleeve stitches, then picking up and knitting long rib cuffs and a rib edging all the way around. Wool from the local Salvation Army Op Shop, around $10 cost.

5 comments:

Françoise said...

I like your duoprint piece. The stitching is perfect.
And the cardigan looks rather fancy. Can't wait to see it finished.

Anonymous said...

You really CAN knit! (as opposed to me, who can't)
They both look lovely!

Unknown said...

The duoprint is going to be great! The knitting is wonderful, Tencel is a good renewable fiber. One of these days I swear I am really going to learn how to knit...yes....probably..maybe. Your cardigans look yummy.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Shirley, it's (the duoprint) wonderful ( i knew it would be) and your knitting is lovely.

teri

Teodo said...

The colours of your fabrics are fantastic.

The new piece will be ...............amazing.
ciao ciao