Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hot stuff



I have just received this book "Hot Textiles - Inspiration and techniques with heat tools" from Amazon. I haven't been able to look through it yet as I'm at work. Blogging at work? Shame! But at least I don't have to worry about the boss catching me....I AM the boss, for those not familiar with the blog. Also the tea lady, file clerk, telephonist and every other role imaginable, seeing as it's a one-person business.

The down side of having to work my butt off fulltime in my day job is that the creative stuff is pretty much confined to weekends. Sometimes I have to make calls or visit clients in the evenings, or else I may have to do stuff on my other business (Tillia Dyes). But I can't complain. Well, I can, but who's taking any notice? And I guess I don't have much to complain about all things considered.

I'm reading The Secret at present and while I don't think it's the answer to everything (just way too many holes in it), we all could spend more time being grateful for what we have, and thinking positive thoughts. Those things I fully support.

Have you read (or watched) The Secret? What do you think about it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've viewed the DVD "The Secret" a few times Shirley. While the positive thought aspect was not new to me, and indeed it's worked all my life, it really gave me insights into how to handle [or not handle!] negative thoughts.

Cheers

Donald

arlee said...

OH that book is fabulous! Kim's quite a writer and artist :}

Guzzisue said...

this book is on my wish list, went to a talk by kim at Sewing for Pleasure in uk last year, came out with pages of notes on techniques to try. So much to play with and so little time :)

Julie said...

Hi Shirley, just catching up in blogland. I see you've been ill but are presumably better as you're back at work.. I hope you are feeling much better. Thanks you for your comment on Bertie's adventure. I hadn't noticed I was coordinated hehehe :)