Thursday, May 24, 2007

In which I produce more work from the past.....

For the slightly more traditional readers, here's a quilt called "Taurus" that I made several years ago for a (male) friend.

I don't make a lot of bed-sized quilts any more, as i find them too much of a pain to quilt.

It's a variation on the Bullseye block, hence the name, and is made with a combination of plain hand-dyes and checked shirting fabric.

I actually produced this as a pattern, so you can go here if you're interested in buying it.

It's not always easy to make a masculine quilt, but I think this one works. It looks more complicated to make than it is.

3 comments:

joyce said...

I'm with you on quilting bed sized quilts. This one does look masculine and I like it very much.

candyschultz said...

Another cool one. I too eschew bed sized quilts. What would be the point when I would never let anyone use them. That said, I am in the process of making a queen size quilt for my daughter. It will be machine quilted if I can manipulate it through my machine.

Valeri said...

Love the colours you've chosen. A very cool quilt and I know what you mean about the quilting bit!