Wednesday, May 30, 2007
7 Random Things
I've seen this on other blogs, and while I don't usually do the "tag" thing (it's a bit like blog chain letters), this one is quite interesting. You post 7 facts that most people wouldn't know about you, and encourage (not I'm not tagging anyone!) others to do the same. All in my usual succinct style.
1. I lived in the Cook Islands and Western Samoa for a year as a baby, but haven't been anywhere overseas since then.
2. I used to be a commercial orchid grower. My (then) husband and I imported orchid plants from around the world and sold them by mail order to hobby growers in NZ.
3. I love the fact that my grandmother used to live on a lighthouse.
4. I can speed read.
5. I can't swim.
6. I can speak French. Not very well, but enough to get by.
7. I didn't learn to drive till I was over 30.
Today's competely gratuitous photo is a painting done by my son Cass. He said "it was a reinterpretation of a photo of Hundertwasser back into his own style for my drawing class last year".