Wednesday, May 30, 2007

7 Random Things


I've seen this on other blogs, and while I don't usually do the "tag" thing (it's a bit like blog chain letters), this one is quite interesting. You post 7 facts that most people wouldn't know about you, and encourage (not I'm not tagging anyone!) others to do the same. All in my usual succinct style.

1. I lived in the Cook Islands and Western Samoa for a year as a baby, but haven't been anywhere overseas since then.

2. I used to be a commercial orchid grower. My (then) husband and I imported orchid plants from around the world and sold them by mail order to hobby growers in NZ.

3. I love the fact that my grandmother used to live on a lighthouse.

4. I can speed read.

5. I can't swim.

6. I can speak French. Not very well, but enough to get by.

7. I didn't learn to drive till I was over 30.

Today's competely gratuitous photo is a painting done by my son Cass. He said "it was a reinterpretation of a photo of Hundertwasser back into his own style for my drawing class last year".

7 comments:

Suzi-k said...

mmm interesting, I have always had a thing about lighthouses, it must be soooooo cool to live in one (although the old knees may disagree!)The pink and silver art cushion is lovely, small rectangular cushions are 'in' right now so if you print A4 in landscape, and maybe add a border down each side, you will be able to use the printed ones easily. (250 x 400mm or 300x500 seem to be useful sizes)

Candy Schultz said...

I can speak French, Spanish and German but not very well anymore.

Did you get to play in the lighthouse when you were young?

How on earth did you get around before you had a license?

Joyce said...

Your son's painting looks very "quilty". Have you been influencing him?

Shirley Goodwin said...

Candy, my grandmother lived on the lighthouse as a child. It's no longer in existence. My husband drove me everywhere which is why I didn't need to drive.

No doubt my son has been influenced by me - I've been quilting for much of his life.

Candy Schultz said...

Shirley, I used to love to drive. Now with the firbromyalgia I am afraid to. My husband usually drives me around everywhere these days.

Carol said...

I love the thought of living in a lighthouse. I didn't learn to drive until I moved job out of Edinburgh when I was 32!

essay said...

great post! Thanks a lot.