Sunday, February 18, 2007

The joys of summer

Here are a couple of photo collages of my garden.

The top right-hand photo with the deck railing and house behind it that looks like nothing much is flowering is there for a slightly different reason. It may not be obvious, but this is a "mixed" border that I've planted. Mixed in the sense that, just within the photgraphed bit, it includes (from left to right) some red onions, some stripey green tomatoes (not fruiting yet), sweet peas which are flowering well and picked daily for at home and at work, white gladioli, purple gladioli, marigolds (wild), pink valerian (wild), orange tomatoes (not fruiting yet), alyssum (wild), ornamental berry plants(wild) and strawberries.

Today is a beautiful summer's day, the sort we haven't been getting, as most of the summer weather so far has been disappointing. I've walked the dogs for an hour, so done my required exercise for the day. Then I sat on the deck in the sun eating rock melon (cantaloupe) and watermelon, and drinking coffee. Life is good.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Glad you are getting the wonderful weather too. Maybe it's Nationwide. Your garden is looking lovely. I have similar things out too, and I guess we should enjoy it while it lasts!

Lorraine said...

I'm longing for warm weather. We're in the deep freeze here in the northern hemisphere. BRRRR!

Charleen said...

Thanks, Shirley. The garden photos are beautiful and give a much needed lift to my frozen body! I hope I can do the same for you in a few months :-)