I am an avid reader, and get through2 to 3 books a week. Why? Because I love them. Books have the ability to transport us to other places and times. Now, i don't usually do memes, but I saw this Book Meme one on Pixie's blog, and it came to her from Ampersand Duck (Love the name!).
1. One book that you've read more than once.
The Hobbit. I love Tolkien's work.
2. One book you would want on a desert island.
Hmm. Only one? Encyclopedia Brittanica. that's probably about 20 volumes! Good for starting fires with after you've read it. Err....and probably some other uses too.
3. One book that made you laugh.
Anything by Terry Pratchett.
4. One book that made you cry.
Desert Flower/Desert Dawn by Waris Dirie. Female genital mutilation does that to me every time.
5. One book you wish you had written.
I have to say "Harry Potter" here.
6. One book you wish had never been written.
I found Nevil Shute's "On the Beach" really shocking. I couldn't even finish it.
7. One book you're currently reading.
The Penguin History of New Zealand by Michael King, who was tragically killed in a car accident a year or 2 ago. Far more interesting than I would have ever thought.
8. One book you've been meaning to read.
Can't think of one.
9. One book that changed your life.
Selfhelp for your nerves - I can't remember the author, but I was close to having a nervous breakdown while away from home in hospital with my terminally ill daughter, and this book helped me step back from the brink.
10. Now YOU do a book meme!