Monday, August 27, 2007

Floor hazards, a semi-sock and some thanks






Here's another shot of Frodo and Cressy doing their "we are family" thing by lying in a row on the floor. I've had 2 dogs at a time before, but unrelated ones, never 2 from the same litter. Clearly, the fact that they were together in the womb has a strong influencing factor. It never fails to amuse me how they stick together.

And talking of pairs - here's my sock. This time, I intend to knit the other one as well! This is Opal's self-striping yarn. Usually I don't much like their colour schemes, but I found this one in purple shades which is more to my liking.

And thanks to all you lovely bloggers who have wished me well! Love you all!

5 comments:

Webfrau said...

I've just completed a set of baby socks and a pixie hat in exactly that colourway. I'm quite in love with the opal yarn myself. I've bought some more to make myself some socks but haven't decided on a pattern yet.

Leanne Hurren said...

Aww...they look lovely together. We have 2 cats that are sisters and I would never just have one - they are lovely together. We have a puppy at teh moment and I can't wait til we've got through his (very) bratty stage, got him trained a bit and can get him a brother!!

BTW - the new house looks gorgeous. Hope it all goes well.

Joanna said...

Shirley, I've been reading your blog for ages - maybe a couple of years now and it's about time I left a comment! I'm a Kiwi living in the States (NH to be exact) and your blog always feels like a bit of home to me!

The dogs once again are so funny - like siamese twins those two are, and your house looks fabulous. It was always my dream as a little girl to live in an A-Frame house! Now you are about to live my dream lol!

Thanks for the faithful blogging. I am just starting and hope to keep it going as long as you have!
Joanna in NH

Joanna said...

Shirley, thanks for your comments - I have done exactly what you suggested! MUCH appreciated!

ra said...

Oh they look realy lovely together. It's funny, I don't particularly care for poodles in theory, but I've never met one in real life that I didn't like. They have much more personality than you'd suspect from looking at the ones that are clipped and primped to within an inch of their life.

(They are poodles aren't they?)