Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Finally....

...my house sale has been confirmed, and also my purchase of the new house in Rangiora just out of Christchurch. Click HERE for more information on the area.

While I'm sad to be leaving here, I'm looking forward to my new house which is an A-frame, and bigger than this one. On the down side, I have to have a mortgage (bummer!) so will need to work fulltime for a few years to repay this.

Keeping the theme of work on the walls here, this is a quilted and woven (as in strips of fabric) cloak I made for the Hoffman Challenge (the New Zealand version) some years ago. It is trimmed with feathers and has a cord and bead fastening.

7 comments:

Françoise said...

Congratulations on the new house!

Joyce said...

Glad to hear that both deals went through. Too bad about the mortgage but I guess nothing good is free. Well maybe a beautiful day is free, thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shirley,

I came across your blog while looking for Quilt Shops on the South Island. Surfing the web can bring many happy surprises. What lovely quilts you have made.

Do you have any favorite quilt shops to recommend either in the Christchurch, Nelson or Queenstown areas? My husband and I are finally taking our dream vacation to New Zealand in November.

Regards,
Kari Day
Dallas, Texas USA

Stell said...

congrats, nice new house, I always wanted to live in an A frame, something nice and enclosing and cosy about the walls upstairs leaning in and keeping you safe, Rangiora is nice, a little more gentle than chch.

Ali Honey said...

Oh that's good news. You seem to have done the whole thing very rapidly....no chance to change your mind or get cold feet.

Did you get anywhere with that Hoffman challenge? I have a couple of metres of that fabric put away...it's lovely. That was pre blogging for me , but I knew I wanted to keep some of that fabric for something really special...almost a shame to cut it up like some folk did.

loulee said...

Hi Shirly, I wandered in from another blog! Just had to stop and say hello and how much I love your quilts.
Good luck with the house move.

Carol said...

That's great news on the houses. I bet you are relieved. Too bad about having to have a mortgage.