Saturday, August 11, 2007

In Limbo

Currently I am in that limbo state where I've sold my house and bought another, but neither contract in yet unconditional, I have no control over what is happening, and I have to wait another week or so before I know where I am. I find this very frustrating.

I've taken most of my quilts down off the walls, but this one, Pacifica, is one of the few that remains. I made this in a class by Donna Ward at Christchurch Symposium several years ago. The top and bottom panels were Donna's designs, but I drew the "koru" style (fern frond) applique for the centre panels. These also remind me of the geysers in Rotorua where I lived for 28 years before moving to the South Island.

Keep your fingers (and toes) crossed for me that my sale and purchase go ahead as planned. In the new house, I'll have a separate room to store my dyes and fabric in, as well as a nice big room for a workroom/office/studio. It's upstairs, faces north (the good way here in NZ) has sliding doors onto a little balcony with snow-capped mountain views, and the chimney passes through the room as well, keeping it warm. Currently it's the master bedroom - but why waste all that on a room you only sleep in?

16 comments:

Joyce said...

I hope all goes well with your house deals. It is a frustrating and slightly scary time being between houses. The new one sounds like just the thing for you. I'll be thinking of you this week.

Mechelle said...

The new house sounds great!!! Best of luck to you!!

Dianne said...

This is such a gorgeous quilt - I'd have trouble packing it away!! Good luck with your move....

Emmy said...

please look at my blog I have nominated you

Helen said...

ohh that was quick. I'm glad you found a place in Chch that suits so well, and I hope all all works out. It's a good time for change with spring coming. new beginnings and all that. Keep on going!

Sheila said...

I love purple so that quilt is right up my alley! Gorgeous. It is frustrating to be in limbo with houses. Your new house sounds perfect for your fiber needs. But do the pups approve?

Stell said...

fingers crossed - less than a week to go now ...

His Office, My Studio said...

Love the quilt. The new house sounds great and best of wishes!

Donald said...

Well done on the house front. Carry your home in your head for a wee bit in the interim maybe. The dogs may find this fun too.

Love the Pacifica quilt - make sure it does not go with the house, or if it does put a high price on it!

Anonymous said...

Finger, toes, and eyes crossed - sending good thoughts across the waves!

Dijanne Cevaal said...

Hi Shirley

All things crossed here too! Sounds like the new house will be perfect for you!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have found a wonderful place. Fingers crossed..toes crossed..Best luck!

Carol said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I am sure the house move will be just fine. The new house sounds fantastic.

Helen said...

All fingers are crossed!

Ali Honey said...

That does seem very quick to me. I hope there are no hold ups, from here on.
That wall hanging is lovely - very Donna like!

Suzi-k said...

oooh it sounds delightful, I DO hope it goes through!! That quilt is so gorgeous.