Sunday, August 19, 2007

Still holding my breath

...and being a Bad Blogger. I will have no news until late tomorrow about my house sale, and everything hinges on that. So my apologies for the silence and lack of blogging and blog reading.

Thanks to all those who have wished me well. There just seem to be so many things to think about, and my creativity is at rock bottom, what with most of my stuff being packed away.

However, another quilt still hanging at home is this New York Beauty variation, which I have never named. This was from another Donna Ward class. I decided to work outside my comfort zone of colours, and chose Japanese fabrics in browns and indigos (click on the photo for a larger view).

Much as I love the effect of this pattern, I discovered I really disliked the fussiness of paper piecing, being much more of a "random rotary-cutting gal". Consequently it took an entire year to finish this small wall hanging, which I ended up simplifying as I couldn't face all those fiddly points.

3 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Poor you, moving home is such an upheaval, not just the physical moving of the stuff, but the emotional drain it takes on life. My fingers are crossed it all goes smoothly and your life takes on a more regular course.
Sally
PS It might have been a fussy way to make a quilt but it's lovely!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Worry not about your lack of creative focus right now. Any of us who have gone through a move (I'm coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my move to Idaho) understand that you eventually come to a point where your brain is so saturated with the details and worries of moving, there's no room for anything else. Good luck - it sounds like you have a good place waiting for you on the other end if all falls into place.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think there is just enough of the pointy stuff to make it interesting and like the way you finished it. It is a color combination I have never used, but I like it.
Wanda