Saturday, January 06, 2007

Together at last

Sorry about the skewed photo, I find it really hard to photograph these so they look square (well, rectangular).

Despite all my problems with tension, I have finished the quilting on my diptych, apart from a couple of minor adjustments that I'll make where an appliqued piece is not sitting down enough ("Sit! Stay!"). Generally, I'm pleased with the results. I'm also very pleased I'm not exhibiting a bed quilt - it's taken me several days on and off to complete these two - the larger one is only 27" by 23", and the smaller one 29" by 18". That one, incidentally, is sized according to the Golden Ratio - the aesthetically pleasing proportion that abounds in nature and the human form, as well as being widely used in art and architecture.

Now to bind them, and then onto the next task.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I love them both. Well done on the quilting.

His Office, My Studio said...

Your two quilts turn out great! I love the colors in both. If the quilting part was not a challenge then making quilts would be way to easy.

Anonymous said...

Your quilting is excellent on both of them. The look great!

Maya Madhavan said...

They are gorgeous! I love how neat the quilting is. I've tried hard to get machine quilted leaves looking like yours do, but either I quilt too fast (so I can't get fine control), or I just do not have enough skill; they come out barely recognizable!

Helen said...

Well done, Shirley. Can't wait to see them.

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful. I'd say you have no reason at all to be nervous about the symposium.