Sunday, April 03, 2011

Daylight Saving Sunday

Although I'm not at all happy with the tension on my Pfaff and the poor job made of servicing it, I'm attempting to complete "Summer in Provence" to take as my quilt for the tutors' exhibition at Symposium  There is now a mere 15 days until I leave, and I also have some assignments to complete in that time, so sewing time is limited. I've decided to quilt the rust-dyed centres in a stones pattern.  No thoughts yet on what design to use for the block borders.  Any suggestions?
Of course, I'm always knitting something.  Purple fingerless gloves, just a plain design, to go with the purple hat.  A matching cowl is on the needles.
As is this feather and fan scarf, made with 50/50 merino and silk.

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Just love the feather and fan and the purple. Guess the yarn is so fine and soft. Did i see the blocks on a lime background before? Do you want the border to contrast or blend in? The stone quilting is great, and maybe the border can represent Provence as you saw it. Cheers Jean.

loulee said...

That scarf looks lovely Shirley.