I am speechless (almost!) at the huge number of visits to my blog, and the enormous outpouring of generous support for this cause.
Here are the answers to some questions I've received-
1. You can write on the blocks if you want - your country, name or whatever you would like to put.
2. If you are making an entire quilt top, you can make the blocks any size you like. The 6 1/2 " size is just for people making a couple of blocks so that we can standardise the tops.
3. If you have uncompleted quilt tops that you would like to donate, we are happy to take those.
They do not need to have hearts on them.
4. We will be making predominantly single bed sized quilts, big enough to cover the top of the bed. They do not need to come down the sides.
5. If you are putting heart blocks together before sending them to me, you can do them in different ways if you like. For example, you may want to join 4 blocks together, then surround them with sashing. There are no "rules"!
Thank you so much for contributing.