Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Season's greetings (or whatever is appropriate for your beliefs)

While I am not religious, I view Christmas as a time for being with family, reconnecting with people you don't see much, reflecting on the past year and thinking about the year to come.

Living in the southern hemisphere, I have never know a "white" Christmas. As a child, we would sometimes take a picnic lunch and go to the beach on Christmas Day. Many people are away camping at this time of year, and while I'll be at home with my children, we'll sit outside on the deck if the weather is favourable. We favour salads, cold meats and cold desserts over roasts and hot vegetables and cooked puddings.

I'd like to wish all my blog readers, wherever you are, a safe and happy Christmas. If you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you'll be safe and happy anyway. I am amazed that people from 97 countries have read my blog, including places like Moldova and the Faroe islands, where just ONE person has visited. Truly, technology is a wonderful thing.

Bless you all.

5 comments:

Downunderdale said...

and a wonderful Christmas and more to you too!
Dale

Annica said...

Merry Christmas to you too Shirley! And A Happy 2009!

neki desu said...

oh how i envy those tropical xmases!!
happy holidays to you too and may your kitchen be as sparkly the next year :-) :-)

neki desu

Purple Missus said...

Like Neki, I too envy you your Christmas weather. We don't even get snow anymore as we used to so its usually just a damp miserable day - well, outside anyway.
Hope you have a really good day with your family.
All the best for the New Year.

Sheila said...

Merry Christmas to you. And a very healthy, fibery New Year.