Saturday, March 14, 2009

Contains actual dye content

But first....the Living Stones flowers have opened.
Today's harvest from the garden. My peppers (capsicums) have done well this year.
Today I did some actual dyeing. This is silk georgette and was meant to be navy on one side, yellow on the other with a resulting green in the middle. It didn't turn out that way.

I decided to dye some fabric as the backing for my tutor's quilt - something bright and in-your-face to offset the sombre tone of the message, and the limited palette it's made in. I saw these colours on a skein of wool in town yesterday and decided to use them for the backing. I laid the colours in stripes rather than combining them all over the fabric. Not sure if I like it.

This piece was for all the leftover dye from the above projects. For some reason the bright green isn't showing up well. I like this better!

6 comments:

Janet said...

Look at that amazing abundance!

Milly said...

Rich colors, in the fabric and the veggies! I have never had my living stones flower, those are pretty.

rhubarbwhine said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous colours!

Joyce said...

I like the last one best. Often random turns out best. My husband tied dyeing once and accidentally used a cup of coffee, thinking it was dye. It turned out the best of all the ones he tried.

Julie said...

Beautiful! I like the last piece too.

Sheila said...

I never saw a living stone in flower. They are gorgeous.