Sunday, September 28, 2008

Daylight saving and Nature's art

Today is the start of Daylight Saving, so it's always a bit unsettling. As a morning person, I find it hard to go back to waking in the dark. It's a magnificent day, however, so I can't complain. The camera hasn't been able to capture just how deep and beautiful the colour is on this Freesia. It's a really dark rich colour in real life.
I love the Corydalis with its pale blue flowers and ferny foliage.
The ground cover out the front is in full flower. Soon all the Hostas will be up.
Even the ordinary plants, like prostate Rosemary with Grape Hyacinths in front look wonderful.

4 comments:

Suzi-k said...

well at least you will be awake when the sun rises, and won't miss a potentially stunning show! Prostate Rosemary? Girl, is that a Freudian slip.... ? Need a man?

Shirley Goodwin said...

Eeeek! I just saw that as I clicked on the comments. Just a typo, but if there's any good men going, ship 'em my way!

Stell said...

that flower - wow, the colour that was captured is amazing. And if you are not liking the dpn sleeves - see if the denise are flexible enough to do magic loop - or two cirs (but you would need two sets of tips to do that).

Ali Honey said...

Lovely colour there. I had a giggle too!

Your Hostas should be along shortly - some of mine are already in leaf, others just poking through. More cold on the way I hear - can do without that.