Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Art Trail

Today, as part of our celebration of having moved here 12 months ago, my friend Bronwen (who paints in her spare time) and I went on the local Art Trail. We met some very interesting people, and at the last house we visited, we saw some beautiful art by Domingo, an American artist. The owners of the property had about a dozen of his works, which appealed to me with their colours. Here are some examples that I've found on his website to give you an idea:

A few of Domingo's works are abstracts, like this, but mainly he paints women, like this one :


..and also horses.
I love his use of colour! If you want to see more of his work, his website is http://www.domingoartgallery.com/index.cfm.

3 comments:

Suzi-k said...

i'm not surprised that you like his work, it is stunning and you and he share a very similar colour sensibility. His works remind me of some of yours in the way you use texture and blend colours.

Suzi-k said...

oh and by the way, happy new-home-iversary

sharon young said...

What a beautiful horse painting, wonderful colours.