I'm making the most of being stuck at home with no money, what with having both time and fabric in plentiful supply. Today I created another vessel, the Rust Pot, out of overdyed rust fabric. It's the same pattern as the orange Chinese Lantern one.
For this one, I made some changes. It may not be obvious in the photo, but this one has a rectangular base and the sides rising from the short side of the base have much less curve than the other two. It's also a bit taller, around 7".
The main refinement however, is that I've used one piece of fabric for the inside and outside of each side (no way to avoid saying all those "sides"). This means the top of the pot has a folded edge, unlike the others which are satin-stitched.
I haven't been totally happy with the look of the satin stitching around the top - it's easy to get wobbly, plus the loose threads make it messy. Here's a family shot - while the Chinese Lantern and Rust Pot are cute, I think the smooth lip of the Jaffa Pot makes it the best