Sunday, March 04, 2007

You put the orange in, you take the orange out...


Here's the other piece of my fabric that's been wandering around the world. It's been overdyed while wrapped on a pole, and had other images added to it. It's a sister piece to the earlier post - they looked very similar
when they were sent away. See how differently they've come out!









This is a folded piece I dyed yesterday when I was in a blue'n'orange mood.



























And this is the photo that the heading refers to. I've dyed up these fat quarter gradations to make a sample for Dye'n'Sew class I'm developing. The colours are (l to r) black, chocolate brown, coffee, rust orange, bright orange and tangerine.

I don't think the bright orange really fits into this group - tell me what YOU think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote to keep the orange!

Joyce said...

I like the orange. I'd keep it. Love the top fabric.

Anonymous said...

while I'm a favorite to Orange Shirley.. I'm thinking that it doesnt belong... it seems just a little too much out there.. if there was just a bit blue added to it to brown it up some it would work... but I love the color.. did you use Tangerine?
Von

Elizabeth said...

Keep the orange - there are no misfits in this collection.
Help !!! I fear I'm getting the dying bug. If I had known it was so contagious I may not have come nosying here .

His Office, My Studio said...

Love the orange too!

artmixter said...

I think it looks fine. But if you can't bear it, send it to ME!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your middle piece. Nice mood!
I'd leave in the orange and the tangerine; otherwise, there is no other strong balance for the black, and it just becomes rather washed out and dull. Boring, even. Look at your sunrise: it has the black, the grey, the brown, and the bright orange and yellow, along with the lighter colors. You can't go wrong following nature. I, too, love the top fabric, a happy, happy color. Terry