This year, I thought I'd make things really easy for myself with my new year's resolutions. I'm going to make them SO simple to keep! I actually can't remember what my resolutions were for 2006, so I'm unable to reflect on how well I've achieved them. This year, however, I'm recording them right here on Blogger for the world to see.
1. Avoid gratuitous sex. This will be very easy, as ALL sex seems to be avoiding me, including the gratuitous kind. No difficulty in keeping this baby.
2. Cut back on alcohol consumption. No worries with this one. I only buy alcohol every couple of years, and most of that goes in the Christmas baking.
3. Stop buying books on Amazon. Ok, this is a tough one. My Evil Twin has been playing fast and loose with my credit card, and I think I have 4 shipments of books on their way to me at present (that's 8 books in total). However, I anticipate being financially stretched this year, as I am most likely going to give up my day job and revert to be a Starving Artist.
4. Which leads me to....Lose weight. Hah! I will probably only be able to afford to eat twice a day, so I should be able to drop a kilo or two. Or 10, which would be more helpful.
5. Exercise more. Again, I'll be too poor to afford petrol so I'll have to walk into town instead of driving.
There! That won't be too difficult, will it?
And for the totally unrelated photo, here's a lovely Rhodohypoxis in flower to brighten up the day of those shivering under winter snow.