Thursday, December 28, 2006

I wanted to write a snappy title but my brain deserted me

Here's me with my daughter Sophie and son Cass. Today
was beautiful, the best weather we've had in the week since the kids have been here, but also the day they're leaving. It's a 3 hour drive each way to Christchurch airport.

The second photo is Sophie, Cass and Erlo, who is Sophie's partner. After Sophie graduates with her law degree at the end of 2007, she and Erlo plan to live in the UK for a couple of years, and Sophie will get admitted to the Bar over there.

WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! My baby will be on the other side of the world! Of course, she wants me to go visit her while they're there, which will force me to do my OE (Overseas Experience) as I have been NOWHERE. Well, except as a wee baby which doesn't count. I don't like flying.

So all my blogger readers who live in the UK and Europe -I might be coming visiting in 2008! And of course, if any of you are coming to New Zealand, you're welcome to come stay with me - my guest room is always ready.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Deb R said...

You have great-looking kids!

And the weather in those pics makes me long for someplace sunny. (wistful sigh...)

Emmy said...

you have lovely kids ,and when you get over visite me I am not far from the UK you are welcome

Charleen said...

Great pictures! Nothing like having one of your kids move far away to get you over your fear of flying.

Happy New Year!

artmixter said...

And you BETTER be coming to visit wee me!!!

Anonymous said...

hi, isn't it great having family all together for a meal? The long distance kids thing is tough (and even tougher when there is a little grandchild growing up fast far away) but thank goodness for the internet and blogger, it is such a great way of staying in touch! Suzi-k

smarcoux said...

Hi Shirley

Yes I agree with the comments on the great looking kids and UK.... please do come and stay over with me I would be more then happy to have you.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Nice weather you're having! Just discovered your blog!

Helen said...

Hey Shirley, happy new year. It oughta start out great with symposium. I enjoyed 'meeting' your grown up kids, you should be proud of your daughter's excellent plan.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Cool! Now I get to visit Holland, as well as Sandy and Marion in the UK. The worst thing about New Zealand is that it's so far away from the rest of the world (except Australia).