Sunday, March 14, 2010

Transformation

Yesterday I bought this hand spun mix of suri alpaca (the rare kind), tencel and merino with a nylon binder. These were quite pricey, considering there are only 4 skeins of 50 grams each. I wanted to make something special with it, so settled on a cowl.
As half the skeins have the red and half don't, I alternated rows with one skein if each. This is the cowl at the ned of 2 skeins - the yarn has gone further than I thought. This is done in garter stitch (1 row plain, 1 row purl)and the cowl is currently 16cm wide (just over 6 inches).

As often happens, you lose some of the beauty of the skeins' colour when the yarn is knitted. However, I think it looks good. Now I'm going to knit a hat with the other 2 skeins and use any leftover yarn to finish the cowl.

1 comment:

Milly said...

oh very lovely!