Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Paris - part 3

The lovely wool I bought in Exeter (laceweight merino and silk) is being transformed into a Clapotis, an extremely popular French scarf/shawl pattern featuring rows of dropped stitches - you can see these on the right of the work. As it's worked by increasing on one side and decreasing on the other, the stitches are dropped progressively. Photographed at my hotel room window. The apartments are reached through big double doors like these-often these open into a vestibule that runs right through the building, with a courtyard at the back and stairs and/or lifts leading off the sides.
A lovely cafe near Notre Dame.

The view up the road from my hotel window - I was on the 4th floor. No lifts.


This is a display of goats' cheeses I found in a nearby fromagerie.




4 comments:

Françoise said...

Ah! Paris... I love it!
Enjoy!
(Don't forget to visit the fabric shops in Montmartre.)

Ali Honey said...

Fabulous photos. I want to see those places for my self....hoping soon.

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a gorgeous shawl in progress. I'm being lured by such lacy confections but not sure my knitting skills are up to the challenge.

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

Very nice to be knitting away in gay Paris!