I woke up yesterday (Valentine's Day) feeling quite depressed about my other business that I'm trying to get off the ground (and which hasn't taken off so far), and sorry for myself that I didn't have anyone to send me Valentines. So I decided that the best cure was to do something for someone else, and made the first of my quilt tops for people who have lost their homes and all their possessions (and possibly family and/or pets) in the Australian brushfires. This is Square Within a Square pattern, usually done with the same fabric all around the inner square, but as I was making it from scraps, I had to use 2 different ones. This changed the look somewhat, and I alternated the rows so that the long outside strips were horizontal on one row and vertical on the next. I have some fabric overdyeing at present to make a border. This is shown lying on a queen sized bed but the finished quilt will probably be a large single size.
I've also started to cut some fabric to make a larger quilt in a 9-patch pattern alternating with plain blocks. I may just finish cutting the fabric for this and then go do something else today - the lawn needs mowing after the rain, and garden is screaming out for some work.